About the standards Chair in babies, and what to do in case of constipation
Rules Chair in infants at the breast and bottle-fed, as well as with the introduction of complementary foods
According to the "encyclopedic dictionary of medical terms" constipation is slow, labored or systematically inadequate bowel movements.
In order to understand that we are dealing with constipation to begin to determine which frequency of stool is the norm for babies.
For children bottle-fed it is normal daily stool. Absence of Chair for 36-48 hours should bother mom. The fact of the matter is that even the most adapted mixture's composition with the mother's milk. It harder digested more like grown-up food and, accordingly, the microflora in the gut artificially vskarmlivaemogo the child differs significantly from the microflora in the gut of the kid that is fed on natural (it is more similar to human adult germline).
In turn, breast milk, blood and lymph circulation is created from matter, is ideal for the needs of the child and digested some children almost completely. Since the needs of the baby are changing with age, breast milk composition over time is also undergoing significant changes that affect the frequency of stools.
The first days after birth the child receives colostrum. It is laxative effect, therefore, promotes the entry of meconium (original Kala, which came before the birth of crumbs). Depending on fullness intestines, on the first day after the birth of stools can be from one up to six times. He is thick, dark green (or almost black), badly washed off with children's skin.
The second-the third day of the Chair may be less common or absent in the event that the newborn delivered the intestines from meconium in the first day. This is because colostrum differs nutritious, but not so much (from a few drops to 100 ml per day), and it can completely be absorbed without overloading the intestines.
If a woman has a lot of colostrum or milk has already come (this usually occurs on the third or fourth day after the birth of the baby) Chair changes color to a grey-green or yellow-green.
If the fourth-fifth day child 1200 still urgently meconium to assess whether there is enough milk gets the babe. During this period, Colostrum changes to transitional milk, then aged 7-14 days to mature. Stools at the kid can increase significantly. Norm to 4-8 weeks number is defekacij at least once a day (some kids can get rid of the "Ballast" after each feeding). However, at this age, lack of daily stool is not usually associated with constipation, but the disadvantage of resulting milk. Accordingly, the baby just not heal and no measures are taken to eliminate constipation is not required-you just need to establish breastfeeding, and to ensure an adequate flow of milk.
At the age of four to eight weeks of breast milk once again changes its composition, and the baby comes, so called leap of growth, which is associated with an increase in the number of enzymes. The behavior of infants during this period can be different: from "hangs" on the mother's breast to completely ignore. This period lasts from two to seven days. After this restructuring, which kid oporozhnjal the intestines several times a day, can "retire" for a few days, which is quite often perceived mom as constipation. However, if the heart doesn't bother anything, and he's got a belly soft, you should allow the intestines to deal with the challenge of self-purification.
Since then and until the introduction of complementary foods number of dirty diapers in different children may be very different. The World Health Organization takes the position that the norm is exclusively breastfed stools from several times a day to once every ten days. Foreign pediatricians and gastroenterologists also talk about normal in seven days or more. In particular, American pediatricians Wednesday circulated a rule: "the child in a natural feeding is entitled to any smell, color, frequency and consistency of bowel movements, if it does not affect its growth and development."
With regard to the post-Soviet pediatricians, many of them still believe that any child (regardless of the type of breastfeeding) must leave diapers every day. With domestic gastrojenterologami the situation is more favourable. Since the intestines-this is their "bread", they are aware of his work much better than pediatricians and Chair in infants in natural feeding times in 7-10 days don't scare them. However, some toddlers stools even once in 10 days is not a limit. In one two-month study abroad oporozhnjal baby bowels once every 27 days, he felt fine, CAL was soft and large volume, which means no constipation.
Thus, within the period of four to eight weeks and prior to the introduction of complementary foods defekacij frequency is not an indicator of constipation. Mom not to worry about if the aggregate of the following factors:
1. The baby is fully breastfeeding. He receives no additional iron supplements, Pro-and Prebiotics, enzymes, syrups, etc;
2. Baby Nothing bothers, belly bland. Here it is worth noting that moms often mistaken for constipation ordinary jeep that can bother to 3-4 months. Distinguish simple: If the child screams and strains himself-to help release the jeep in a familiar way (massage, warm blanket, etc.). If the Jeep got out and the baby calmed down (even if there is no fact defecation) means nothing to worry about;
3. Bowel movements do not cause the child great discomfort, stool with this soft (a sign of constipation is a solid formed stool that resembles sheep feces).
It is worth noting that some kids number defekacij can dramatically decrease the age 3-4 months, because during this period the intestines going through another stage of its development. And this, too, as a rule, the rule does not require any intervention from outside.
Thus constipation exclusively breastfed is pretty rare and is generally not eaten by the mother, and rice with a specific disease, therefore, requires specialist gastroenterologist.
With the introduction of complementary foods norm becomes daily bowel movements, regardless of the type of feeding. During this period, concern must be the absence of the Chair in babies more than 36-48 hours.
What to do in case of constipation infants
As soon as mom gives the baby the first spoon feeding, she should take a rule periodically offer water, since water contributes to comfortable digestion.
In the absence of the Chair for 12:00 am the very first thing to do is to increase the number of proposed water. Dopaivat from bottle feeder Cup (available with silicone spout for the little toothless), mugs, with a syringe or spoon-the main thing is that the kid was drinking. For this purpose suitable children's mineral water, because it not only fluid but and potassium. With a lack of potassium reduce bowel (a.k.a. peristalsis) dramatically weaken, which could be one of the causes of constipation. Most potassium is contained in raisin, dried apricots contain, prunes, figs. In boiled water, mineral salts, so if we take boiled water, it is best zapariy in a glass of boiling water one tablespoon of raisins and water kid received broth.
However, it is not always possible to solve a delicate problem considered normal dopaivaniem. Accepted throughout the world as the number one drug to help with constipation in children in the first four years of life is the application of the syrup of lactoulozy (dufalak, laktusan, normaze, etc.). It should be noted, however, that lactulose is contraindicated when galactosemia (violation of carbohydrate metabolism in the way of conversion of Galactose (a simple sugar) into glucose), lactase deficiency (lactose intolerance), hypersensitive. In addition, the use may cause temporary reinforcement lactoulozy gassing (to facilitate State may use drugs neutralizing gases in the gut-jespumizan, SAB simplex, bobotik, etc.).
In General (i.e. prebiotic is lactulose. food for your own useful intestinal flora), but it has a potential softening of fecal masses, and laxative effect.
When all of a sudden happened constipation (which is fairly common in babies in the early introduction of complementary foods) I give one-time 1 tsp Laktusana later 12:00 am since the last Chair. If didn't work, another spoon through 12:00 after the first one. It usually happens.
However, the propensity of the kid to constipation can be at the beginning of the introduction of complementary foods spend lactoulozu course for normalization of intestines. For these purposes it is better not to give your child immediately TU dose recommended in the instructions (for example, Laktusana is 5 ml for children up to one year), and start with 1 ml and gradually increase to one ml every 2-3 days (otherwise, you can instead get constipation diarrhea). Reaching a result advised not to discontinue and maintain an effective dose of a couple of weeks and then slowly decrease.
If lactulose did not make proper laxative effect within a couple of hours, you can use the vapour tube. To the following:
- for mash we boil tube (tube take the smallest) and vegetable oil (you can buy at the drugstore, sterile, or use vaseline);
- stelem on changing table (or what is used instead) disposable diaper or oilcloth;
- put babies on their backs, legs sgibaem knees and presses to the stomach (to hold the legs can bring dad), the child is older than 6 months it is possible to lay on your left side, also having turned in the legs to the abdomen;
- a small tip of the tubules and rectums child process sterile oil or petroleum jelly;
- gently, Rotary movements, introduce tip of the tubules in the rectum (the smallest is enough to 1-2 cm, from 6 months of age and older is up to 4 cm) and hold for about 10 minutes;
- If CAL didn't go, gently roll the tube, push her a little further (but not more than 3 cm child before 6 months and not more than 5 cm child older than 6 months), hold another 5 minutes (but no more than 15 minutes together!);
- after bowel movement (or after 15 minutes if no discharge occurred) the tube gently remove.
After the procedure, you must podmyt, and kid a tube wash with SOAP and water and boil.
Still one of the most affordable and safest ways to combat constipation in infants in the first year of life are the candles of glycerine. It is better to use candles, created specifically for children (glicelaks, etc.). However, in case of impossibility to purchase baby candles, you can use the 1/4 adult candles.
Effect of spark is intended to lubricate the rectum, and they lend themselves to irritation and gut spontaneously cleared. It is believed that in the gut does not occur the absorption of glycerol, respectively, the drug acts only externally, without affecting the internal organs, which, of course, is its advantage.
However, applying a Glycerin suppository is possible only upon reaching the age of three months infants. Earlier application is not desirable without consultation with a physician.
If the above methods do not resolve the issue, you should use the enema (for example, mikrolaks). Enema left "finally" due to the fact that they contribute to the leaching of useful flora and the strengthening of dysbacteriosis, which bothers many babies for up to a year.
On the basis of the above stated the following conclusions can be drawn:
1. For children on artificial (or mixed) breastfeeding, as well as for all toddlers after the beginning of the introduction of complementary foods typical of daily bowel movements. The absence of the Chair during the 36-48 hours is cause for concern.
2. Children are breastfed, over 4-8 weeks and prior to the introduction of complementary foods are entitled to any frequency of stool, if nothing bothers them belly soft defecation does not cause discomfort, padded Chair.
3. Children on artificial (or mixed) breastfeeding, as well as all babies since the beginning of the introduction of complementary foods should be offered water (preferably baby mineral, not boiled), since water contributes to comfortable digestion. Children breastfed for constipation (if it is indeed constipation) also recommended dopaivat.
4. In medicine, it is desirable to have the drug on the basis of Glycerin, candles, lactoulozy vapor tube and mikroklizmu, not to get lost in case of a sudden incident, constipation (which is often the case with the introduction of complementary foods).
5. If constipation is systematic-you must contact a (preferably to the gastroenterologist), especially if there are other symptoms (frequent regurgitation, poor weight gain, pain when emptying, etc.).
You might also be interested in the following entries: