In Ireland immediately after birth, serves tea and toast with butter, jam. In Israel the breakfast salad with grapefruit. In the United States for lunch served tomato soup, a sandwich with red fish, coffee, and chocolate cake. In Australia the dinner stew with cabbage and green peas. In post-Soviet countries immediately after birth give list of allowed and forbidden foods (if even during pregnancy issue not yet).
So whether diet nursing mom? And if so, what? In order to answer these questions it is necessary to understand how food affects moms on the composition of milk.
Milk is produced in the breast of the components of blood plasma, respectively, feeding lactating mothers affects milk in the same degree to which it affects the blood. If the mother suffers from problems with digestion, the blood may be exposed to toxins and allergens. With a lack of food enzymes can be broken down and the blood will penetrate the larger proteins that, once in the milk will be harder to be assimilated by immature intestinal.
Thus, the first thing you need to do your mom is to work your body, tired from pregnancy and childbirth overloaded. And that means eating moms should be healthy and wholesome. Nutrition diet assumes the presence in the five groups of products: vegetables, fruits, cereals, dairy products and meat (sometimes fish). Recommendations on sustainable food consumption standards that meet the modern requirements of a healthy diet are approved by the order of Ministry of health of Russia N 614 from 19.08.2016 year. A vegetarian diet is subject to obtaining all necessary substances from plant products, and additional vitamin b 12 intake.
There should be small portions, but often. Pro mode the first time you forget, there are enough appetite. Usually the feeling of hunger comes during or immediately after feeding. In view of the fact that the first time night feedings did not pass, it is desirable to have in stock something nourishing to nosh, in order not to run in the middle of the night to the refrigerator.
Daily caloric intake be appropriate to increase the 500-600 of calories compared to doberemennym State, as milk elaboration requires extra power consumption.
It is believed that breast-feeding should drink a glass of water before and after feeding. But not to the extent of vypitaja liquid has a load on the kidneys, which is for the body of stress factors, and any stress blocks hormone release. Accordingly, excessive drinking of fluids (and craving), can lead to a decrease in develop milk. You must drink plenty of water. This is usually about 2 liters per day, but each organism its rules, which means that you must listen to their feelings.
For 10-15 minutes before the evening feeding (when milk is usually less) it is advisable to drink a glass of hot tea or a warming drink-it contributes to the development of oxytocin and, consequently, better milk outflow.
It is widely believed that some of the products consumed by nursing mother can cause leg and allergic reactions in the child. In most cases this misconception leads to mom starts to eat buckwheat and water, which contributes to the disbakteriozu, avitaminozu, calcium deficiency, low hemoglobin, malnutrition and other unpleasant things like the mother and the child (if malnutrition of the mother, the mother's first milk reserves, but with time, and these reserves are depleted).
With regard to gas forming a secure, slabjashhih products, their "hostile" properties in blood (and hence in milk) are not covered. However, if usable product has a negative impact on digestion moms, and blood (with milk) may be affected (read more about how to deal with colic and gazikami, you can read here).
Allergies often confused with food intolerance. Allergies-this is a defect of the immune system, which is very often influenced by hereditary factor, while food intolerance associated with immaturity of the gastrointestinal tract. Cause food intolerances as bloating, changes in the nature of the stool, enzymes and atopic dermatitis to look for in the first place, how to breastfeed, not in products used by mom.
Together with breast milk the baby gets only found splintered protein products (traces of peanuts, gluten, etc) used by mom. At the same time, however, these injections are made with the milk get mother's antibodies (immunoglobulins) that help the body metabolize protein obtained crumbs. Breast milk as though digesting itself. So if mom eats a diverse and not abusing any particular product, allergic reaction at the kid usually does not manifest itself (even if the child proves to be allergikom mom can learn about it at the stage of introduction of complementary foods).
However, there is an exception-cow's milk protein (CTW). So far not known why this protein passes into breast milk in nerasshheplennom form (logically, it should be broken down by the body of the mother to amino acids). This feature is often the reason for exclusion from the diet of lactating mothers all dairy products. In most cases, such an exception inappropriately, as hard to digest, as a rule, the only "hard" CTW contained in whole milk. At the same time, milk products assimilated much better. In addition, fresh natural dairy products contain beneficial bacteria that promote comfortable digestion moms and engulf her bowel walls a protective film that prevents the blood (and milk) toxins and allergens.
Therefore, breast-feeding does not amount to torture, by contrast, eat all you want. Products with which the mom introduces baby through breast milk, much easier entered into between foods and less likely to cause allergic reactions in the future. At the same time, when the mother unreasonably respects hypo-allergen diet, this slows down the ripening process of the gastro-intestinal tract crumbs, its adaptation to a new type of food.
So why do pediatricians so often like to plant my mother on useless (and often malicious) hypo-allergen diet? There are several reasons:
1. It used to be that the failure to comply with the diet increases the likelihood of developing atopic dermatitis in the child. This assumption has long refuted by modern research, but many doctors don't want to (or can not due to the small amount of free time) to monitor new developments in the field of medical science. Even with the existing diagnosis "atopic dermatitis" diet designate only with moderate and severe symptoms (even in this case, the diet is appointed for a 4 weeks and if there is no improvement (or insignificant), diets). Otherwise, damage from hypoallergenic diets significantly exceeds the benefit, and a few months later, such a diet deficiency of nutrients becomes the new cause of exacerbations.
2. There are pediatricians, who still believe that the Chair is a child must be at least once a day (preferably after each feeding) in the form of yellow slurry. Bottle-fed-perhaps, but breastfeeding situation is quite different. Firstly, in exclusively breastfed stools can be again in a few days (and sometimes once every 10 days). In most cases this is normal and due to the fact that breast milk is digested much easier than the mixture, and it contributes to slower filling ampoules of the rectum. However, some doctors prescribe baby candles and enemas, and mom-beets and prunes (which is absolutely useless, given that milk is made from blood plasma, rather than from the contents of the bowel). Secondly, breast milk is not uniform, in contrast to the mixture. Its composition varies even in the course of one feeding (not to mention the time of day, age of child, etc.), respectively, the color and consistency of stool child can constantly change. This is normal and no diet does not require.
3. Pediatrician sometimes knows what to do and how it should be, but it is easier to plant my mother on a diet because he does not have the time or desire to explain the essence of processes occurring in the body of the baby, or no contact with their mothers. And the doctor prescribes diet to somehow mom take (especially often it applies to atopic dermatitis associated with enzyme deficiency-mom often easier to bring themselves to exhaustion in the process of calculating "allergens" than less to feed your beloved heart).
Unfortunately, the true medical testimony to the diet lactating mothers still exist. A classic example is allergy to cow's milk protein (usually it is blood in the stool). Complete exclusion of products containing CTW, from the diet of the mother removes all or most severe digestive disorders and skin rashes at the kid, and therefore non-milk diet for a while clearly justified.
But it should be noted that rigid diet nursing on false reasons is assigned far more often than when you have true objective testimony to it.
Based on the above, the following conclusions can be drawn:
1. Feeding lactating mothers should be healthy and wholesome. The diet must attend vegetables, fruits, cereals, dairy products, meat (sometimes fish);
2. Do not overuse whole milk or any specific product. Even the buckwheat used kilograms, can cause allergies because of immunoglobulins from milk moms may be not enough for splitting such quantity of protein grechnevogo;
3. Milk is formed from blood components, respectively, of the nutrition moms affects the composition of milk to the same extent as on blood composition. To avoid getting into the blood (milk) toxins and allergens, mom need for its digestion;
4. Not worth to use large amounts of preservatives and colorings, highly irritating the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract and, consequently, increase the absorption of allergenic substances in the blood (and milk);
5. Some foods can affect the gastrointestinal tract of the child if they have substances that can penetrate into the blood (milk). These include, in particular, alcohol and caffeine;
6. Any product excluded from the diet of mums, for whatever reason, should be replaced by an equivalent (by the presence of vitamins and other nutrients);
7. To avoid allergic reactions at the kid must comply with the prevention of Atopic Dermatitis (hypoallergenic diet which does not apply).
In conclusion, I would like to point out that breastfeeding is a natural continuation of the gemotrofnogo power supply (through the umbilical cord), respectively, the kid for 9 months of intrauterine life is already accustomed to a diet of pregnant moms, and abrupt change in her power for him to additional stress.
You might also be interested in the following entries: